AVAILABLE CAREERS AT JD2
We are always looking for talented, qualified individuals to join the JD2 team.
Project Managers – San Dimas, CA
This position prefers a minimum of 3 to 5 years of steel construction industry experience
in fabrication or field application or a 4-year degree in Commercial Construction.
A thorough knowledge of the project controls process including erection sequence,
fabrication, detailing, submittals control, RFIs, purchasing, and close-out procedures.
Candidate must be a strong team player, proactive, and take initiative.
- Management and administration for medium to large projects
- Profitability, Staff Development and Client Relations
- Team Player in tandem with the Field Operations to achieve positive results
- Individuals who have the ability to manage medium to large structural steel commercial and institutional projects
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other applicable background, and 5 years experience in the structural steel disciplines
- A good understanding of the structural steel management process, including estimating, budget control, scheduling, quality management, safety management, procurement and contract administration
- An ability to estimate and develop project costs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Project Engineers – San Dimas, CA
- Fabricator and vendor management
- Processing of RFIs and submittals
- Organizing and reviewing plans and specifications
- Initial development and processing of change orders
- Obtaining information and approvals required from the owner, architect, and engineers for a timely processing of shop drawings
- Managing the project close outs and securing all guarantees and warrantees required for acceptance and hand over
- 6 months to 3 years of building construction experience and/or a 4-year degree in engineering or construction management
- A knowledge of Prolog or Suretrak is preferred
- A general knowledge of estimating, constructions costs, scheduling and purchasing